Job ID# :1971BR
Title :DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT
City :San Diego
Regular/Temp :Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely operated surveillance aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Department Assistant to join our facilities group located in Poway, Ca.
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of administrative activities in support of Janitorial, Painting and Grounds keeping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, schedules and coordinates various tasks, schedules and activities for facilities managers and staff.
- Interfaces with management, staff, vendors and visitors to gather and prepare information relative to the departments functions.
- Uses Microsoft Excel to coordinate, track, and report on the progress of unit work assignments and/or projects.
- Tracks progress of delegated staff assignments and may coordinate activities between the facilities group.
- Utilizes judgment in determining which tasks can be handled and which tasks need to be directed to the manager or to other members of the staff.
- Provides weekly inventory supply logs.
- Maintains updates a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and/or hard copy reports and records necessitating the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- May be required to travel between different work locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Travel Percentage Required 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No
Click to Apply